Fatherland II & Joint CW Tech-Tre

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fatherland II & Joint CW Tech-Tre

This form is intended to be a platform for the developers of Fatherland II, a modification for Hearts of Iron 3, and those who are interested in contributing with ideas.

+3
Karelian
Rawrawrbangbang
Black Guardian
7 posters

Fatherland Scenario Setup - Borders

Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

Fatherland Scenario Setup - Borders Empty Fatherland Scenario Setup - Borders

Post  Black Guardian Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:04 pm

It seems like we have found someone willing to code our scenario-setup, which is a very important step forward. Hopefully he will soon arrive here as well Very Happy

Now, for scenario-setup, we do have the basic outline given by Karelians alternate history. For New Europe there is a picture, for all the other parts of the world I have not yet discovered a great graphic that depicts the entire world. I have asked Karelian to be so kind and supply one, until then, we only have Europe. That however, should be enough for the start, there are many many provinces that need to change their owner.

Fatherland Scenario Setup - Borders Neuropakakkonencg3

Any updates, discussions, questions, etc. can be clarified here.
    Rawrawrbangbang
    Rawrawrbangbang

Fatherland Scenario Setup - Borders Empty Re: Fatherland Scenario Setup - Borders

Post  Rawrawrbangbang Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:29 am

Should I stick with Vanilla country tags, or what? There are obviously some non-vanilla nations, as well as severely altered. Before I go through and change history files for thousands of provinces, it would be good to have a fixed set of tags that are going to be used. I.E. NOV for Novogorod (if that's the name of the new nation in European Russia) or GEO for Georgia, etc. Are all these new nations already named? If so, I can create tags from the names if needed. I'm up for working up a list of nation names if need be, just let me know.
    Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

Fatherland Scenario Setup - Borders Empty Re: Fatherland Scenario Setup - Borders

Post  Black Guardian Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:30 am

I think you should create tags as you need, but please do a complete list of added country-tags and their ingame-names to help us having a clear overview on this subject. Or does anybody disapprove with me?

Another question to Karelian: Are "autonomous gains" to be handled as owned or puppet-territorry? Probably it would be best if you could do another map with clear territorial assignation (who owns what, where are the cores, etc.)
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Black Guardian wrote:I think you should create tags as you need, but please do a complete list of added country-tags and their ingame-names to help us having a clear overview on this subject. Or does anybody disapprove with me?

Another question to Karelian: Are "autonomous gains" to be handled as owned or puppet-territorry? Probably it would be best if you could do another map with clear territorial assignation (who owns what, where are the cores, etc.)

Greetings and welcome from my part, good to see new members in the forum. I will do another map based on this:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415875 as soon as possible and post it here.
    Rawrawrbangbang
    Rawrawrbangbang

Post  Rawrawrbangbang Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:03 pm

Awesome, thanks Karelian! If you would, please label any nations that already have names in the timeline. Any that don't, I'll come up with historically plausible names. After that, I'll create a set of tags and then post that so that everyone can use them for events, oobs, and anything else.
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:25 am

Rawrawrbangbang wrote:Awesome, thanks Karelian! If you would, please label any nations that already have names in the timeline. Any that don't, I'll come up with historically plausible names. After that, I'll create a set of tags and then post that so that everyone can use them for events, oobs, and anything else.

Ok, once again we can start from Europe since the borders and states in rest of the world are historical - I'll include a list of states in the whole world a bit later.

States of Europe by alignment in 1946:
    New Europe:
    Greater German Reich
    French State
    Italian Social Republic
    Romania
    Hungary
    Bulgaria
    Greece
    Albania
    Serbia
    Montenegro
    Croatia
    Slovakia
    Ukraine
    Finland
    Norway
    Denmark

Allied:
    Great Britain
    Republic of Italy
    Iceland

Neutral
    Switzerland
    Sweden
    Ireland
    Turkey
    Spain
    Portugal

Possible future European states not present in the map once the game starts:
    Kingdom of Greece (Crete)
    Faroe Islands
    Reichsgau Nederland
    Reichsgau Flanders
    Reichsgau Wallonia
    Moscow Federation
    White Rutenia
    Georgia
    Armenia
    Azerbaijan
    Generalbezirk Estland
    Generalbezirk Lettland
    Generalbezirk Litauen
    Kuban
    Kalmykia
    Dagestan
    Volga-Tataria
    Udmurtia
    Rawrawrbangbang
    Rawrawrbangbang

Post  Rawrawrbangbang Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:51 am

Looks good, I'll get started right away. I'm going to assume the German protectorates and special areas are included with Germany for game purposes, presumably without cores. Also, what is the nation that includes Moskau and Novogorod? Other than that, everything is pretty clear.
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:02 pm

Rawrawrbangbang wrote:Looks good, I'll get started right away. I'm going to assume the German protectorates and special areas are included with Germany for game purposes, presumably without cores. Also, what is the nation that includes Moskau and Novogorod? Other than that, everything is pretty clear.

Moscow Federation is the national Russian puppet state, while the three Benelux area Reichsgau regions of Nederland, Flanders and Wallonia and former Ostland Generalbezirk regions of Estland, Lettland and Litauen are either non-core German provinces or actual puppets depending on events, se you should add tags for them as well.
    Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

Post  Black Guardian Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:27 pm

I vote for an implementation as puppets for this region. Maybe they should not be given cores there as well (-> increased partisan/revolt activity), but in the end they are more or less autonomously governed areas with their own policy-adaption and regional problems. They should not be thrown together with their master, as political conditions can be modeled more distinctively this way. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.
    Rawrawrbangbang
    Rawrawrbangbang

Post  Rawrawrbangbang Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Should I include prewar cores of nations that no longer exist? I.E. should there be cores for Belgium to be liberated if Reichsgau Flanders and Reichsgau Wallonia are conquered? Should I leave in all of Poland's cores, etc. I've included them in the list below, please feel free to let me know if any should be removed. Next, is it Russia or the USSR? I'm planning on including Russian cores on all pre war territory, let me know if I shouldn't. I was going to include Leningrad, Czech Republic, Crimea, and the Polish area as German territory without cores. Sound good?

Here's the list of tags in a countries.txt format.

#Please keep tags sorted alphabetically when you add/remove country tags

# Special countries
    REB = "countries/Rebels.txt"

# Northern Europe
    DEN = "countries/Denmark.txt"
    EST = "countries/Estonia.txt"
    GES = "countries/Generalbezirk Estland.txt"
    GLE = "countries/Generalbezirk Lettland.txt"
    GLI = "countries/Generalbezirk Litauen.txt"
    FIN = "countries/Finland.txt"
    FOI = "countries/Faroe Islands.txt"
    ICE = "countries/Iceland.txt"
    LAT = "countries/Latvia.txt"
    LIT = "countries/Lithuania.txt"
    NOR = "countries/Norway.txt"
    SWE = "countries/Sweden.txt"

# Western Europe
    BEL = "countries/Belgium.txt"
    ENG = "countries/Great Britain.txt"
    FRA = "countries/French State.txt"
    HOL = "countries/Netherlands.txt"
    IRE = "countries/Ireland.txt"
    REF = "countries/Reichsgau Flanders.txt"
    REN = "countries/Reichsgau Nederland.txt"
    REW = "countries/Reichsgau Wallonia.txt"
    SCH = "countries/Switzerland.txt"

# Southern Europe
    ITA = "countries/Republic of Italy.txt"
    POR = "countries/Portugal.txt"
    RSI = "countries/Italian Social Republic.txt"
    SPA = "countries/Spain.txt"

# Central and Eastern Europe
    AUS = "countries/Austria.txt"
    CZE = "countries/Czechoslovakia.txt"
    GER = "countries/Germany.txt
    GGR = "countries/Greater German Reich.txt"
    HUN = "countries/Hungary.txt"
    MOS = "countries/Moscow Federation.txt"
    ROM = "countries/Romania.txt"
    SLO = "countries/Slovakia.txt"
    UKR = "countries/Ukraine.txt"
    VOL = "countries/Volga-Tataria.txt"
    UDM = "countries/Udmurtia.txt"
    WRU = "countries/White Rutenia.txt"

# Southeast Europe
    ALB = "countries/Albania.txt"
    BUL = "countries/Bulgaria.txt"
    CRO = "countries/Croatia.txt"
    GRE = "countries/Greece.txt"
    HUN = "countries/Hungary.txt"
    KOG = "countries/Kingdom of Greece.txt"
    MON = "countries/Montenegro.txt"
    ROM = "countries/Romania.txt"
    SER = "countries/Serbia.txt"
    YUG = "countries/Yugoslavia.txt"

# Asia Minor and Caucasus
    ARM = "countries/Armenia.txt"
    AZE = "countries/Azerbaijan.txt"
    DAG = "countries/Dagestan.txt"
    GEO = "countries/Georgia.txt"
    KAL = "countries/Kalmykia.txt"
    KUB = "countries/Kuban.txt"
    TUR = "countries/Turkey.txt"
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:12 am

Rawrawrbangbang wrote:Should I include prewar cores of nations that no longer exist? I.E. should there be cores for Belgium to be liberated if Reichsgau Flanders and Reichsgau Wallonia are conquered? Should I leave in all of Poland's cores, etc. I've included them in the list below, please feel free to let me know if any should be removed. Next, is it Russia or the USSR? I'm planning on including Russian cores on all pre war territory, let me know if I shouldn't. I was going to include Leningrad, Czech Republic, Crimea, and the Polish area as German territory without cores. Sound good?

Great job so far!

Here's the map I promised earlier:
    Fatherland Scenario Setup - Borders Riviiva.th

And now to the question of cores. Belgium and Holland should have their cores intact, while Polish cores should be altered according to the historical borders of Generalgouvernement. Since both a national Russian state (Moscow Federation) and USSR will exist in the mod, so they should have separate cores. Instead of prewar borders ethnic Russian cores of the Moscow Federation would include the territories added to Reichskommissariat Ostland (Belarus + parts added to Estonia and Latvia) and Eastern Ukraine. Soviet cores are more tricky due the way core claims work in HoI3, but they should still have cores to all of Moscow Federation territory, Eastern Ukraine and Belarus.

German territory without cores goes well for Bohemia-Moravia and the annexed Polish territories - Crimea and former Leningrad region should start this way as well, but Germany will gain cores to them later by events. Polish Generalgouvernement should stay as non-core German-owned territory.

Now to the actual border changes and cores in case-by-case basis, check the map for numbers of each particular case.
    http://strangemaps.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/uusieurooppa.png?w=700

1. Free City of Danzig, created as a result of the Versailles treaty, was regained by Germany in 19 September 1939 and incorporated into Reichsgau Danzig-Westpreussen. Danzig became an important industrial city dominated by shipbuilding, petrochemical and chemical industries.

2. Memel Territory, occupied by Lithuania in 1923, was regained by diplomatic solution in 23 March 1939 (”Heim ins Reich“) after a popular revolt. It was incorporated into East Prussia. City of Memel was quickly turned into a fortified naval base. The reunion was welcomed by the majority of population. According to the treaty, the citizens of Memel Territory were allowed to choose citizenship: either German, or Lithuanian; only 303 choose Lithuanian.

3. Reichsgau Wartheland was annexed to German Reich in 8 October 1939. Polish businesses were germanized and majority of the polish inhabitants were forcibly removed to General-Government without compensation of their lost properties. 300,000 poles were evacuated during the war. When forced displacement of population caused a general famine in the Wartheland area, evacuations were halted in May 1943 and postponed until the end of the war. Over a million poles were further removed to General-Government in the 1950s. Capital of the Reichsgau Wartheland is Posen (former Poznan)

4. Former German imperial province of Elsaß-Lothringen (taken by France in 1919) was informally annexed by Germany in 15 June 1940. Alsace was incorporated into Gau Baden-Elsaß, with Straßburg as a capital (Karlsruhe until 1953). German parts of Lorraine were incorporated into Saarland (Gau Westmark), governed from Neustadt. German became the sole official language; use of French or local Alsatian was discouraged. The annexation, while ending the two decades of fierce anti-German discrimination, was never popular among the populace and NSDAP membership in Elsaß-Lothringen remained low. Elsaß was home to many student uprisings in the 1960s.

5. The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg was occupied in 10 May 1940. It was officially annexed by Germany in August 1942 by incorporating it into district of Koblenz-Trier. New Reichsgau Moselland was governed from Koblenz. All luxembourgers received German citizenship. 13,000 young men were conscripted to the Wehrmacht, 2,848 were killed in the Eastern Front. In 1953, Letzebourg dialect received official recognition from Führer Rudolf Hess; however, German remained as the sole official language.

6. Eupen-Malmedy, occupied by Belgium in 1919, was regained by Germany in 1940, with the clear consent of most of the inhabitants. Support for the German takeover eroded sharply after the Operation Barbarossa and the subsequent conscription of most of the male population in the Wehrmacht (out of 8,700 drafted new Germans, 3,200 perished in the East). In December 1944, Allied bomber raids first destroyed Malmedy, then Sankt Vith almost completely.

7. Nice (Nizza) was occupied by fascist Italy in 15 June 1940. It was annexed in 12 November 1942 and retained by the Social Republic of Italy. About half of the inhabitants are French- or Occitan-speaking.

8. Savoy region, occupied and absorbed by Napoleon III in 1860, was administered by fascist Italy in 1940-1941 and annexed in 12 November 1942. Although fiercely contested by premier Pierre Laval, Savoy remained in italian hands and became an autonomous region in the Italian Social Republic.

9. South Slavic country of Slovenia, part of the former Kingdom of Yugoslavia, was partitioned in 3.5.1941 between fascist Italy, Germany and Hungary. Western Slovenia became Italian territory, Spodnja Štajerska (Untersteiermark) was annexed to the German Reich and completely germanized, administered from Laibach (former Ljubljana). 47,000 Slovenes were deported into Independent State of Croatia, where they remained as refugees, harassed and exploited by the fascist Ustasha regime.

10. Dalmatia was annexed by Italy in 20.5.1941. Provincial capital was established at Zara (Zadar). Many Croats moved away from the Italian Governatorato di Dalmazia and took refuge in the Independent State of Croatia, which subsequently became the fighting ground for a guerilla war between the Axis and the Partisans. Remaining Croats opposed violently to marginalisation of the Croat language in Dalmatia. Legendary FC Hajduk of Spoleto (Split) refused to play in Italian league. In 1943-1945, there was an influx of Italian fascists fleeing from southern Italy, occupied by the Allied forces. The Dalmatian Question has strained the relations between Croatia and Italian Social Republic ever since.

11. Hungary occupied and annexed in 19 April 1941 Hungarian parts of Slovenia and Croatia, called Muravidék (Prekomurje) and Muraköz (Medimurje).

12. Baranja and Backa, inhabited by ethnic Hungarians, were regained by Hungary at the Treaty of Vienna (19 April 1941).

13. Banat region was always officially part of the Serbian state, but in practice the Danube-German minority (volksdeutsche) lobbied and received concessions which made it fully autonomous region during the war. 7. SS Gebirgs-division Prinz Eugen was recruited among the Danube Germans.

14. Kosovo (Kosovë in Albanian) was united with fascist Albania in 12 July 1941, with seat of local government in Prishtinë. In June, 1942 Albanian prime minister Mustafa Kruja started an ethnic cleansing of Kosovo, during which 100 000 Serbs were killed. After the surrender of Italy to the Allies in 1943, a National Albanian Committee was formed in Italy (8 September 1943), which called for German help. The Germans recognized the National Commitee on 26 September 1943 and their troops occupied the country. Kosovo remained in Albanian hands, although bloody guerilla war against communist partisan movement led by Enver Hoxha continued until the 1960s.

15. Epirus and Pindos (Printsipat di la Pind) is a small puppet state composed of ethnic Aromanians (Vlach), Greeks, Albanians and Slavic Macedonians. The area of Epirus and Pindos was claimed by Albania but given to Aromanian separatists by Mussolini government in 1941. The capital of the statelet was Metsovo (Aminciu in Aromanian), but the national assembly sat in Trikala. The first prince of Pindos, Aromanian activist and poet Alkhiviad Diamandi, left his chaotic princedom in 1942 and took refuge in Romania. Armed Greek partisans took over most of the area. Italian occupation authorities tried then to rely on local Macedonian activists, who were waging their own guerilla war both against the Bulgarian army and the Greek partisans. The state collapsed after Italian capitulation in September 1943, and the area was taken over by the Germans. German army favoured the Albanian claims Greeks, and Principality of Pindos was re-established in 1944 with M. Hatzi as the Minister-President. Deadly partisan warfare continued for many years. Minister of Defense, Albanian-born Vasil Rapotika, was shot dead by a Greek guerilla group just outside Larissa in 1945. Finally, in 1949 Epiros and Pindos was annexed by Albania as an autonomous principality. - We could just add it to Albania immediately or include it for flavour, your call here people.

16. Macedonia, also called Old Serbia, had become Serbian territory in 1912 and during 1929-1941 it was part of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. When Bulgarian army occupied it in 18 May 1941, most of the local population hailed the Bulgarians as liberators. Local Macedonian revolutionary movement VMRO (Vnatrešna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizaciya) split into several splinter groups, some of which opposed the occupation, others supporting it. Armed anti-Bulgarian separatists tried to establish an independent Macedonian Voivodeship in 1942, but they were defeated by the combined German and Bulgarian armies. VMRO continued its terror campaign along with Tito’s Partisan movement until 1949, when Bulgaria regained most of Macedonia. Violence escalated again in the 1960s, with both Albania and Greece covertly assisting Macedonian separatists against Bulgaria. Germany was forced to deploy two SS-divisions as peacekeepers, but even with the full German military might and equipment, peace is nowhere in sight.

17. After Greek capitulation in 18 May 1941, Western Thrace, Thasos and Samothrace were all occupied by Bulgarian Army. Greek population was deported and ethnic Bulgarians - some of which had lived in Thrace before the First World War - were resettled in the area. Germany retained a narrow security zone in the Turkish border until 1949 when it was given back to Greece, infuriating the Bulgarians. Thracian question is still hotly debated in the European Parliament at Berlin.

18. The Dodecanese Islands declared independence from Ottoman Turkey in 1912, but had been immediately occupied by Italy. Greece demanded the islands for herself, but the Greek defeat in the Greco-Turkish War and the foundation of modern Turkey made this solution impossible. With the Treaty of Lausanne the Dodecanese was then formally annexed by Italy, as the Possedimenti Italiani dell’Egeo. Mussolini embarked on a program of modernization, resulting in the eradication of malaria, the construction of hospitals, aqueducts and a power plant to provide Rhodes with electric lightning. Italian cultural policy was more repressive. Native Orthodox Religion was heavily discouraged and Italian was taught in all schools. These measures caused a good deal of Greek emigration from the island, replaced by a moderate amount of Italian immigration. After the surrender of Italy in 1943 the Dodecanese were conquered by Germany in the Battle of Leros and remained in Axis hands. Hitler used the islands as a bargaining chip to get concessions from both collaborationist Greek government and the Italian Social Republic. Rhodes remains as an important military base for Axis forces.

19. Distrikt Galizien. Historical region of East Galicia has formerly belonged to Austria-Hungary, Poland and Soviet Ukraine. Short but brutal repression under Soviet rule came to an end when Germany occupied East Galicia during Operation Barbarossa, but evacuating Soviets decided to exterminate all those people who had been waiting deporation to Gulag. Mass killings of Jews and Poles were uncovered by arriving Wehrmacht forces, and Germans were first hailed as liberators. In 30 June 1941 Yaroslav Stetsko declared Goverment of independent Ukraine in Lemberg (pol. Lvov, ukr. Lviv), but without German approval, and Galicia was subsequently incorporated into the General-Government as Distrikt Galizien. As Germany viewed Galicia as already germanized and civilized (being former part of Austria), occupation policies were quite lenient - except for the Jews, who were deported to concentration camps. Conflicts in Galicia and Volhynia between Poles and Ukrainians also intensified, with skirmishes between Polish Home Army, Ukrainian Insurgent Army and Soviet Partisans. Ukrainians massacred Poles in Volhynia, which resulted in revenge attacks against Ukrainians in Galicia. Despite these warring factions, many Galicians joined Germany in its fight against communism. It remains part of the General-Government, with Lemberg as the eastern cultural capital of the Greater German Reich.

20. Bialystok Voivodeship was annexed to East Prussia in 22 June 1941. National Socialist government pursued a ruthless program of forced germanization and extermination of Jewish population, which stirred local resistance and led to a major insurrection on 15 August 1943, organised by AOB (Polish Anti-fascist Military Organisation). Ethnic cleansing of the Bialystok area was completed in the 1950s, when it became a border march of the new German Reich, resettled with German peasant-farmers (Wehrbau).

21. Sudauen. Former Polish county of Suwałki had been captured by the Red Army in 1939, but was transferred to Germany according to the First Ribbentrop-Molotov Agreement. In 12 October 1939 it was renamed Sudauen and incorporated into East Prussia. In spite of severe German countermeasures, Polish underground resistance continued a limited guerilla war until 1956, when the last organised armed groups were eliminated.

22. Transnistria. Separate peace negotiated in Stockholm between the Axis powers and the Soviet Union guaranteed the regions of North Bukovina, Bessarabia and Transnistria to Romania. Adolf Hitler persuaded Ion Antonescu to accept Transnistria as a substitute for Northern Transylvania, which was returned to Hungarian control in 1940. From 1943, Transnistria has been a part of the Greater Romania, with regional capital in Odessa. The wartime Romanian occupation was marked with famine and epidemic. Jews and Roma were crowded in concentration camps where they were decimated by hunger and typhus. Most of the Ukrainian population was deported in 1943-1945 to Reichskommissariat Ukraine to make room for Transylvanian Rumanians resettled into Transnistria. The solution proved unpopular, both among Romanians and Ukrainians. Transnistria is now among the poorest regions in the New Europe, with standard of living comparable to developing countries.

23. Nevel. Southern part of the former Pskov oblast was annexed by the Reichskommissariat Ostland in 1943. The oblast had suffered terrible damage in the bloody battles of 1941-1942, in which the city of Velikiye Luki was utterly destroyed and never rebuilt. As most of the Russian-speaking inhabitants had fled, the area was deemed suitable for colonisation. In 1951 Nevel became the easternmost gau in Latvia and it received a substantial Latvian immigration. It still has a significant Russian minority (314 000 people).

24. Pleskau and West Ingria. Northern parts of the Pskov oblast and West Ingria were initially selected for the German colonisation effort in the secret Generalplan Ost (GP), prepared by the Race and Resettlement Main Office (RuSHA) of Heinrich Himmler. They were first incorporated into Reichskommissariat Ostland in 1943 and became part of autonomous Reichsbezirk Estonia in 1951. Colonisation programs met considerable difficulties in obtaining enough volunteers, but three German cities were constructed in 1944-1951: Jamburg, Luga and Pleskau, with total German population of 89,000. Other areas were forcibly assimilated into Estonia. A considerable Russian minority still prevails in the Pleskau area, which is also the poorest in Estonia. Local Russians naturally blame Estonians for all their miseries.

25. Reichsbezirk Petersburg. Former Russian metropolis of Leningrad was devastated in the war. 1,600,000 citizens perished during the two-year siege. Famous palaces and churches were turned into rubble by German artillery and aerial bombing. Stalin had forbade any notion of surrender; the city was not captured until in 1943 by joint German-Finnish force and with heavy casualties. At first Hitler and Finnish prime minister Ryti supported for total annihilation of Leningrad, but finally it was agreed that Germany would annex the area and make it a major supply center for the Axis armies fighting in Russia. From the ruins of Leningrad RAD constructed a German Freiestadt Petersburg with 500,000 permanent inhabitants, thus closing Russia’s “Window to the West” permanently.

26. Reichsbezirk Gotenland became the German colony in the Eastern Europe, a Lebensraum for two million inhabitants (67 % German, 24 % Tatar, 5 % Armenian and 4 % Greek). It consists of the Crimean peninsula, isthmus of Perekop and outlying territory south of Dnepr (Generalbezirk Taurida). During the war it was fiercely contested by both Red Army, and after the war by pro-Soviet partisans who held out in the mountains of Crimea until 1954. In post-war years, Gotenland thrived as a prime tourist destination, built with new attractions and sanatoriums for tourists, who came from all around the New Europe. Crimea’s infrastructure and manufacturing was developed, particularly around the sea ports at Kerch and Theoderichshafen and in the Gotenland’s landlocked capital, Gotenburg (former Simferopol). Crimean Tatars enjoy cultural autonomy.

27. Chechnya-Ingushetia. Having suffered years of Soviet repression, Chechen leaders Israilov and Sheripov formed a rebel pro-Axis government in May 1942, in order to regain independence with German aid. The act proved to be premature, as Axis advance into the Caucasus was too slow to prevent Soviets from deporting part of the Chechen people to Siberia. After the Second Ribbentrop-Molotov Agreement, Chechen National Council continued supporting the Axis cause. But promised cultural autonomy was slow to come, and another guerilla war broke out against occupying Axis forces. Chechnya is still officially a German minor ally, but no country has recognized its sovereignty.
    Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

Post  Black Guardian Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:22 am

Great! Finally some good progress.

I think old cores should definitely be kept to enable the old order to be reinstated in case of an Allied Victory for example. Some minor changes could/should be applied to some territories maybe, but I am no expert in this field. Maybe we simply need a better definition what a "core" is. A majority of citizens of your own culture? A natural claim on the territory? According to this it should be easier to set/change cores when having a clear picture of a "core" in mind.

By the way, I read your comment in the paradox-modding-subforum. You could think about using the Hoi3-editor, it would spare you the opening, saving and closing of the files and keeps them in a handy list. I have not tried it myself though.
    Apart from that, why do you remove the provincial history at all? You should simply add some lines dated at some day before the scenario starts (say, 28.3.1947 if we start in 1948) - that way you would not completely destroy the possibility to start earlier than 1948...
    Rawrawrbangbang
    Rawrawrbangbang

Post  Rawrawrbangbang Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:49 am

It was for neatness mainly, since anyone who wants to start before 1948, probably just won't load up the mod at all. I'll leave them in if you so desire, I just figured it easier to not. As for the editor, I tried it, but I found it easier to just do it by hand.
    Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

Post  Black Guardian Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:04 am

Rawrawrbangbang wrote:It was for neatness mainly, since anyone who wants to start before 1948, probably just won't load up the mod at all. I'll leave them in if you so desire, I just figured it easier to not. As for the editor, I tried it, but I found it easier to just do it by hand.

You neglect the fact that some people might want to play a standart game with the Tech-Tree-Extension that is supplied together with this mod. Or even try to establish their own alternate ww2-outome by loading up earlier and changing things. Of course it is not our focus to support this for now, but we should at least not take steps that prevent people from doing so, as it would decrease the potential fanbase of the mod, don´t you think so?

Thus, it would be really kind if you could do the setup without changing the older dates and could instead add a line like
    1.1.1947 = { control = GER owned = GER }
    for all the provinces that are controlled by GER at scenario start but where not in the earlier setup. Smile
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Black Guardian wrote:
    I think old cores should definitely be kept to enable the old order to be reinstated in case of an Allied Victory for example. Some minor changes could/should be applied to some territories maybe, but I am no expert in this field. Maybe we simply need a better definition what a "core" is. A majority of citizens of your own culture? A natural claim on the territory? According to this it should be easier to set/change cores when having a clear picture of a "core" in mind.

Well, now when I think about it we can always adjust cores by events in the Fatherland-scenario so keeping them intact for the usage of the rest of the mod is not a problem and thus they should indeed be kept as they are.

As for the consept of core: For me core is a territory inhabitated by population that is ethnically similar enough to justify nationalistic claims and/or is politically supportive to the state claiming it - as an example occupied Russia and eastern Ukraine would long remain Soviet cores in a case of bitter peace, while Western Ukraine, Baltic states and Caucasus would not since their population doesn't support the idea of restoration of Soviet power.
    General Grant
    General Grant

Post  General Grant Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Hello, sorry I have not been active at all since a long while.

I'd like to know what is the plan with the lands of Eastern Europe formerly parts of the Soviet Union.

Do the states we see here represent:

A. Puppet states of Germany, officially independent national entities

B. Administrative divisions of the occupation zones, making the regions ready for German colonization?

If its B then we can make them all Germany's colour on the political map (not on our drafts, that would be confusing) to show that they are in fact parts of Germany, and maybe destined to disapear in the future.

Also I think Crimea should be directly German (looks Romanian or independent here). IIRC that was a key region for German colonization that Germany wanted quickly, because of its strategical position and moe hospitable climate.

I'll post more later. Smile
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:05 pm

General Grant wrote:I'd like to know what is the plan with the lands of Eastern Europe formerly parts of the Soviet Union.
    Do the states we see here represent:

A. Puppet states of Germany, officially independent national entities

B. Administrative divisions of the occupation zones, making the regions ready for German colonization?

They were under the category B up to 1953, but after the death of Hitler postwar reforms turned them to case A.
    Read the whole story here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5885589&postcount=9
    Here is the administrative map of the former Reichskommissariat Ostland: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img61/5693/ostlandau6.png
    And here is the map of current German settlement and military bases in the region: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img80/9817/baltiamk1.png

Crimea and Leningrad region are both indeed directly colonized by Germany, as you noted - I used a bit too similar colour to Romania when I adjusted the map to clear the differences between various countries.
    Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

Post  Black Guardian Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Any news or progress from this front?
    Rawrawrbangbang
    Rawrawrbangbang

Post  Rawrawrbangbang Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:49 am

I'm done with everything but Scandanavia and the Caucasus states. I should be done by the end of the weekend.
    Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

Post  Black Guardian Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:52 am

Great to hear!
    That´s even more than I expected! Take your time to finish the rest properly and keep the good work up!
    Rawrawrbangbang
    Rawrawrbangbang

Post  Rawrawrbangbang Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:54 am

Will do! Also, Karelian, when you get a chance, could I get a rough map of the rest of the world? Nothing more than a quick map made in paint is needed, just something rough.
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:13 am

Excellent news! Rought map of the rest of the world in 1946 can be seen here, since Japan capitulated and things generally went almost as in OTL:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/World_War_II_1945_09.png
    There are some key changes though in Asia and Africa:

-northern Iran is occupied by the Soviet Union as shown here (in pink): http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9300357&postcount=237

-Manchuria is occupied by the Soviet Union

-whole Korean Peninsula is occupied by the United States

-French Indochina is occupied by Britain and thus there is no communist stronghold seen in the map in north Vietnam.

-Madagasgar in occupied by Britain

-Lebanon and Syria are occupied by Britain

-All Italian African colonies are occupied by Britain

-Duch East Indies (Indonesia) are occupied by Britain

-French African colonies are controlled by Free France

-The borders between Communist and Nationalist Chinas is actually the only tricky issue in rest of the world, but that can be initially be placed roughly along the HoI2 Doomsday-scenario border (I'll provide a screenshot tomorrow), obviously based on this map: http://www.dean.usma.edu/history/web03/atlases/chinese%20civil%20war/chinese%20civil%20war%20pages/chinese%20civil%20war%20map%2006.htm

Do you need more data or is this initially enough?
    Rawrawrbangbang
    Rawrawrbangbang

Post  Rawrawrbangbang Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:36 am

nope, that's more than enough! I'll get started on africa right away, then move into asia.
    Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

Post  Black Guardian Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:48 am

Please note that it is probably necessary (due to the changes in the economy-part) that Indonesia and India become satellite-states to Britain, as they are very heterogenous areas in their industrial development. Both have a huge economic potential that is mostly unused as the economy is heavily agricultural and change must happen to improve the capacity there... (compare with Zerlis economy mod in the HoI3-mod-section at paradox-forum)
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:38 pm

Black Guardian wrote:Please note that it is probably necessary (due to the changes in the economy-part) that Indonesia and India become satellite-states to Britain, as they are very heterogenous areas in their industrial development. Both have a huge economic potential that is mostly unused as the economy is heavily agricultural and change must happen to improve the capacity there... (compare with Zerlis economy mod in the HoI3-mod-section at paradox-forum)

Their governments will indeed be courted and strongly influenced by the West - but primarily by the United States, not Britain. The economic potential of India and Indonesia is well known in post-WWII American business circles where the loss of trade with central Europe is creating an urgent need to find new markets to their products. Therefore it is only natural that once the British rule in India is over and it is clear that the Duch government-in-exile is in no position to restore the colonial rule in Indonesia, things will really get interesting.

Note that postwar Britain is even more devastated by the long war than in OTL, while the United Nations is not the historical bureaucratic nightmare with a paralyzed central structure but instead much more streamlined and effective organization because of the fact that Soviet Union is initially exluded from the Security Council and even UN membership as a the result of the breakdown of diplomatic relations between Stalin and West after the separate armistice with the Nazis in 1943. Thus the United Nations really represents a US-led coalition of British Commonwealth and friendly South American regimes. Therefore the decolonization process in Indonesia, Pacific, Middle-East (Palestine being the prime example here after the Middle-Eastern War) and later on Africa as well is mostly run by this organization: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Trusteeship_Council
    that in this timeline is firmly American-dominated bureau. In addition of directing decolonization efforts and providing humanitarian aid and coordination, it ultimately aims to lift populous and geopolitically Third World countries away from poverty while firmly linking them to the Western economic sphere of interest.

Naturally Germany is also desperate to find some kind of international trading parters in order to secure her own resource needs - but this activity is mostly focused on Cold War in Africa where Germany seeks to support Portuguese and Spanish control of their colonial holdings while simultaneously courting apartheid-era South Africa and Rhodesia as well. And at the same time PRC and Soviet Union seek to expand their own global influence in the Third World as well.

Game-wise I think that Indonesia and India should get events where their economies are mostly developed based on their decisions on how to react to Western development aid programs - accept all possible help for faster economic growth and risk being displayed as puppet of Washington, or focus on international non-alignment and neutrality and suffer from economical stagnation instead?
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:00 am

Here's the screenshot of Chinese border from HoI2 Cold War-mod as promised:
    Fatherland Scenario Setup - Borders Kiinanrajat

Additionally I found the map that includes flags of the states of New Europe:
    Fatherland Scenario Setup - Borders Neweuropewithflags450
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:51 pm

This is slightly off-topic:
    Several map mods seem to go along rather nicely - I'm really delighted to see how moddable HoI3 is graphics-wise as well. Even though Clio's Iron Heart is still on very early stages of their colossal modding project, other interesting mods are already much more polished and available for playtesting.

Projects I consider as promising and interesting include Magrathea:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10108222&postcount=1
    https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img217/470/futurefinalproducttext.jpg

Re-textured Map of Modestus:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429738&page=7

And the HoI3 Map Patch Project:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9999066&postcount=1
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:08 am

Any chances to see some work-in-progress screens yet? Wink
    Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

Post  Black Guardian Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Karelian wrote:Any chances to see some work-in-progress screens yet? Wink

Seems like our dear friend is not very active in this forum anyway. You could write him a PM in the paradox-forum though, helped for my first progress-request. Or simply wait and hope.
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Black Guardian wrote:
    Karelian wrote:Any chances to see some work-in-progress screens yet? Wink

Seems like our dear friend is not very active in this forum anyway. You could write him a PM in the paradox-forum though, helped for my first progress-request. Or simply wait and hope.

I'll did just that, now we are indeed waiting and hoping. Rolling Eyes
    Rawrawrbangbang
    Rawrawrbangbang

Post  Rawrawrbangbang Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:53 am

sorry about the lack of activity, I've been pretty busy with school and a new girlfriend Rolling Eyes
    Anyways, Asia is just about done, just finishing up Manchuria now. I can't post any type of in progress shots because the game won't load, due to tags that don't exist outside of the provincial history files and the countries.txt. Once I finish up Asia, I'll move into Africa.
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Good to hear that you´re still around and the project continues.
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:10 am

Any progress in this part of the mod?
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:45 pm

*Bump*

I tried to contact Rawrawrbangbang through Paradox forums without success previously, but so far he has not answered.
    So, what´s the status of the map right now?
    zibartan

Post  zibartan Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:35 pm

I want ask somethink about Caucasusia. In start how many country be in Caucasusia only Dagestan and Chechnya-Ingushetia as a rebel coutry or they gonna start as puppet of sovyet ??
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:34 am

zibartan wrote:I want ask somethink about Caucasusia. In start how many country be in Caucasusia only Dagestan and Chechnya-Ingushetia as a rebel coutry or they gonna start as puppet of sovyet ??

Initially the whole region is occupied and under Reichskommissariat rule, and the earlier vague promises of a "cultural autonomy" will come back to haunt Germans rather soon.
    Rashıd Alı Gaylanı
    Rashıd Alı Gaylanı

Post  Rashıd Alı Gaylanı Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:38 am

Karelian wrote:*Bump*

I tried to contact Rawrawrbangbang through Paradox forums without success previously, but so far he has not answered.
    So, what´s the status of the map right now?
    Chechenistan jıhad good olsun
    der Metz...

Post  der Metz... Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:39 am

aq çıkmamış mod daha beklersiz çeçenistanı kanka
    Rashıd Alı Gaylanı
    Rashıd Alı Gaylanı

Post  Rashıd Alı Gaylanı Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:39 am

Gross muftı chechenistan mujahed ın german army
    der Metz...

Post  der Metz... Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:41 am

turkische reich

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:51 pm