Fatherland II & Joint CW Tech-Tre

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fatherland II & Joint CW Tech-Tre

This form is intended to be a platform for the developers of Fatherland II, a modification for Hearts of Iron 3, and those who are interested in contributing with ideas.

4 posters

Tech previews

Thaegen

Tech previews Empty Tech previews

Post  Thaegen Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:53 pm

I added Infantry techs and polished the graphics a bit.

Karelian, how do you want those techs? This is what I did, we can replace them later.

Tech previews Screen11
    Tech previews Screen12
    Karelian
    Karelian

Tech previews Empty Re: Tech previews

Post  Karelian Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:59 pm

Since nothing seems to be missing and the layout is generally better, go ahead Laughing
    The only thing I see any need to nitckpick is the naming of specialized terrain techs - I would rather use the word "equipment" to differentiate it from the general infantry gear-tech that is representing the standardized battledress, load-carrying equipment, backpacks and similar items.
    Thaegen

Post  Thaegen Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 am

Karelian wrote:Since nothing seems to be missing and the layout is generally better, go ahead Laughing
    The only thing I see any need to nitckpick is the naming of specialized terrain techs - I would rather use the word "equipment" to differentiate it from the general infantry gear-tech that is representing the standardized battledress, load-carrying equipment, backpacks and similar items.

Giving techs the right name is for you;-)

Are there other tasks that I can do?
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:40 am

Congratulations, you´ve accomplished all of our current detailed plans for modifying the tech tree. Shocked
    Well, this just means that we´ll have to review the remaining techs and decide what we want to change and how.
    Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

Post  Black Guardian Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Looks good so far, though I don´t know wether we need a special technology for WW1-type MGs, or were there some major modifications on those for the period?
    I believe this kind of weapon could simply be incorporated into the starting-unit stats, as I believe any fighting force that used firearms in the world had it anyway in 1936?
    Furthermore, could imagine that we can optimise the arrangement of the techs - putting the more basic techs in the first of the two columns (Small arms, Inf-AT, Indirect Fire, Light MGs) and the more exotic / advanced and those that are only researched once into the second column (Assault Rifle Prototype (researched only once), Post-War Cartridge (same here), GPMG, and, if not removed, WW1-MG)

At least this arrangement is more Black-Guardian-friendly, don´t know if this applies for all other users ;-)
    Thaegen

Post  Thaegen Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Black Guardian wrote:Looks good so far, though I don´t know wether we need a special technology for WW1-type MGs, or were there some major modifications on those for the period?
    I believe this kind of weapon could simply be incorporated into the starting-unit stats, as I believe any fighting force that used firearms in the world had it anyway in 1936?
    Furthermore, could imagine that we can optimise the arrangement of the techs - putting the more basic techs in the first of the two columns (Small arms, Inf-AT, Indirect Fire, Light MGs) and the more exotic / advanced and those that are only researched once into the second column (Assault Rifle Prototype (researched only once), Post-War Cartridge (same here), GPMG, and, if not removed, WW1-MG)

At least this arrangement is more Black-Guardian-friendly, don´t know if this applies for all other users ;-)

No problem, I will change it;-)
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:30 pm

We should add GPMG to lower column as well and indeed remove the Great War-era MGs. These weapons were in use through the war and decades afterwards, while GPMGs were a definitive "next step" in the evolution of heavier automatic support weapons and became standard weapons of the Cold War era. I´ll link this particular tech to doctrines for Germans and postwar analysis for others since the idea of GPMG was a direct product of the change in operational thinking in German military, and as far as I know the idea wasn´t even considered yet alone adopted elsewhere before WWII.
    General Baker
    General Baker

Post  General Baker Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:30 am

Pardon me if I'm suggesting things already thought about:

- Expand on Assault Rifles, which only just appeared with the Sturmgewehr 44 Smile
    - Make Helicopter Assault and Transport units Very Happy
    - Beginnings of space equipment, e.g. 1st Satellites etc... (maybe raise national unity if you launch successful rockets in later years?)
    - Some way of showing population? And its increases over the years?
    - Wire-tapping, surveillance cameras etc to help counterespionage, stop rebels etc.
    - Body Armour, Helmets etc.

My 6 Pence Smile
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:02 am

General Baker wrote:Pardon me if I'm suggesting things already thought about:

- Expand on Assault Rifles, which only just appeared with the Sturmgewehr 44 Smile
    - Make Helicopter Assault and Transport units Very Happy
    - Beginnings of space equipment, e.g. 1st Satellites etc... (maybe raise national unity if you launch successful rockets in later years?)
    - Some way of showing population? And its increases over the years?
    - Wire-tapping, surveillance cameras etc to help counterespionage, stop rebels etc.
    - Body Armour, Helmets etc.

My 6 Pence Smile

1.) The evolution of assault rifles has been a rather short story, especially during the early Cold War period. Note that the versions of the original AK-design are still the most common and most used weapons of this type through the globe. The tehnological changes and improvements that had real effect for nature of infantry combat during this era were changes in calibre in assault rifles and evolution of other types of infantry weapons.

2.)We haven´t covered the reformed air tech and doctrines yet, but we´ll definitively do that within the limits of the engine.

3.) See the theory techs-thread for more info about this.

4.) Paradox has avoided this approach because of the implications such a system would have in a WWII era. Thus it would be quite difficult to cover this with a model that could work in a realistic manner - or at all.

5.) I´ll have some early ideas on having some techs for intelligence gathering as well, but more of this later.

6.) Already covered with Infantry Gear tech.
    General Baker
    General Baker

Post  General Baker Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:25 am

Whoops - I need to read about the threads a bit more, apparently ^^
    Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

Post  Black Guardian Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:48 am

General Baker wrote:Whoops - I need to read about the threads a bit more, apparently ^^

Don´t worry, better to have one more active member here providing inpout without any idea what has already been done than still being only two in the team Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 pm