Fatherland II & Joint CW Tech-Tre

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fatherland II & Joint CW Tech-Tre

This form is intended to be a platform for the developers of Fatherland II, a modification for Hearts of Iron 3, and those who are interested in contributing with ideas.

3 posters

Espionage events and tech?

Phönix

Espionage events and tech? Empty Espionage events and tech?

Post  Phönix Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:24 am

Could we do events and decisions for espionage? A Cold war without Espionage is kinda hollow. So maybe there should be techs that will increase the effectiveness of youre spies, if it s possible to do and events and decisions that will enable you to create big Intelligence centers etc. Or decisions that are set up in the following way.
    You can activate it once a year, and if you do so, then youre Ic drops 3% or somthing like that, but you get a radom event that might get in the course of the year that will kil a politician, or destroy a nuclear facility etc. Espionage the way it is, is just not good enough to protray a cold war I think.

Any oppinions?
    Karelian
    Karelian

Espionage events and tech? Empty Re: Espionage events and tech?

Post  Karelian Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:00 pm

I´ve made only brief and early plans about this although I´m aware of the importance of improved spying mechanics for the playbility of the mod - if an open war soon results to nuclear confrontation we obviously have to find ways to "flesh out" spying.

The first thing we should find out is the way the new spying system works with event coding. If we could combine things like efficiency of certain spying mission types to events and decisions, things like Western support to different European resistance movements during and after WWII could gain new significance. If we could link them to a variable that recognizes the number of spies in a country in a given time, it would be a foundation for a huge number of events and decisions: coups, support for rebels, smear campaigns, attempts to affect to the outcome of key elections ech.

While a degree of randomness is a good thing, I´d personally prefer chains of events or decisions to make the scenario feel more lifelike.
    Phönix

Post  Phönix Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:52 pm

Karelian wrote:

While a degree of randomness is a good thing, I´d personally prefer chains of events or decisions to make the scenario feel more lifelike.
    Agree. I dont like the fact that things are not building up on each other.
    Unfortunatley I am not very skilled at coding so dont think I can helop much, but good to see that this aspect is considered, would be a shame not to have a good intelligence system in a cold war scenario.
    General Baker
    General Baker

Post  General Baker Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:18 pm

If only there were assasinations and coups like in HOI2 Sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:42 am