Fatherland II & Joint CW Tech-Tre

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fatherland II & Joint CW Tech-Tre

This form is intended to be a platform for the developers of Fatherland II, a modification for Hearts of Iron 3, and those who are interested in contributing with ideas.

3 posters

CW Models and equipment-discussion

MrGiles

CW Models and equipment-discussion Empty CW Models and equipment-discussion

Post  MrGiles Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Not really sure if this is the right branch of the forum.

Iv'e become interested in this project through this topic http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487239

I had begun to work on my own personal extention of hoi3 to 1991, however I had very little success, but am very willing to learn. Hopefully with guidance and help I myself will be able to contribute to this mod much more successfully.

I'd like to add in some cold war models, partly as I was left over with a large collection of pictures and information about cold war equipment from my personal alterations and similarly because its a good starting place, rather than jumping into decisions and events. I've made myself famililar with the units that the mod will incorporate and am willing to learn and edit my work as I go along. My best knowledge of models and equipment is obviously of my home country, Britain, especially aircraft and armour.

So basically this topic is a discussion about models that we should use and the structure of doing so.

Thanks for your time.
    Black Guardian
    Black Guardian
    Admin

CW Models and equipment-discussion Empty Re: CW Models and equipment-discussion

Post  Black Guardian Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:02 am

Hello and welcome to our forum Smile
    We appreciate your decision to help us in our effort, however, I think it is not yet time to think too deeply about models. There are some historical models for sure, that can be used with unit names and pictures, but there is little contribution to the game despite flavour. Of course, if you are completely unwilling to do anything else than just models, we will let you ;-)

But for the moment we´d be better off if you´d join the tech category section and bring your knowledge to bear there in a more abstract manner, by contributing to the creation of the actual technology tree. Without it we will not be able to build any models into the game anyway Wink
    So feel free to post your ideas on aircraft, tanks, navy or whatever into the respective topics, extending our ideas or bringing in completely new concepts!
    MrGiles

Post  MrGiles Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:19 am

Sure, i'm not just willing to make models, I'll happily contribute to the tech tree, but I don't know how useful i'll be as my few attempts to add in new technologies into hoi3 have hardly gone well. Anyway, I won't delete the pictures iv'e collected so they can come in use in the future.
    Karelian
    Karelian

Post  Karelian Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Greetings, good to have you on board.
    Once we get the tech tree, economy and land combat system in a working condition it is time to start to think about model systems. In many ways Cold War era is models-wise interesting: some key weapon systems developed hardly at all, while others were constantly developed and refined further through the era. I´ll post my thoughs about this subject here later on, just wanted to drop by to say hi for now ^^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 pm